20.2965, Jobs: Scandinavian Langs;Text/Corpus Ling: Consultant, Basis Technology

Wed Sep 2 17:51:00 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-2965. Wed Sep 02 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.2965, Jobs: Scandinavian Langs;Text/Corpus Ling: Consultant, Basis Technology

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 01-Sep-2009
From: Bushra Zawaydeh < bushraz at basistech.com >
Subject: Scandinavian Languages & Text/Corpus Linguistics: Consultant, Basis Technology, USA, Massachusetts

Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 13:48:55
From: Bushra Zawaydeh [bushraz at basistech.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-2965.html&submissionid=228667&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Basis Technology
Department: Language Department
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.basistech.com/

Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Text/Corpus Linguistics; Scandinavian Languages

Required Language(s): Danish (dan)
                      Finnish (fin)
                      Norwegian, Nynorsk (nno)
                      Norwegian, Bokmål (nob)
                      Swedish (swe)

Basis Technology Corp. is seeking to hire two native speakers of each of
the following languages: Danish, Finnish, Norwegian (Nynorsk), Norwegian
(Bokmal), Swedish.

This will be for a short term, temporary contracting assignment. Work will
be assigned per task, and the work start date will be determined. The
contracting position includes tasks such as localizing annotation
guidelines, and tagging files in one of these languages with information
such as names of people, locations, organizations, etc.

The candidate needs to have excellent command of English and at least one
of these languages. It is also imperative that the candidate be computer
savvy, know how to type their own language, and have high speed internet
access. In-depth knowledge about the syntax, linguistics, or previous
working experience with the language is a plus. The candidate needs to be
detail-oriented, be able to follow directions, and submit required work on
time.

The work will be done remotely. Preference will be given to people who are
in Massachusetts, or at least the same time zone.  The pay is $25 per hour.
We need about 20 hours a week; others in the past have worked largely on
weekends, but that is not a requirement. If you are interested in the
position, please send your resume to Bushra Zawaydeh at
bushraz at basistech.com (see contact information below).

Application Deadline: 30-Dec-2009
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Bushra Zawaydeh,  Senior Linguist