20.3024, Jobs: Text/Corpus Ling, Socioling: Researcher, U of Nottingham, UK

Wed Sep 9 13:46:37 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3024. Wed Sep 09 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3024, Jobs: Text/Corpus Ling, Socioling:  Researcher, U of Nottingham, UK

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 09-Sep-2009
From: Dawn Knight < Dawn.Knight at nottingham.ac.uk >
Subject: Text/Corpus Linguistics & Sociolinguistics, English: Researcher, The University of Nottingham , United Kingdom, Nottingham

Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 09:44:42
From: Dawn Knight [Dawn.Knight at nottingham.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3024.html&submissionid=229387&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: The University of Nottingham
Department: School of English Studies
Job Location: Nottingham, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk

Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Research Fellow

School of English Studies, University of Nottingham
Closing Date : 25 September 2009

Applications are invited for this ESRC funded post. "Health
Communication and the Internet: An Analysis of Adolescent Language Use on
the Teenage Health Freak Website" is a project to explore the integration
of corpus-linguistic and sociolinguistic approaches for the analysis of a
unique, 3-million word longitudinal corpus of messages posted to the
'Teenage Health Freak' web site (http://www.teenagehealthfreak.org/). The
findings of the analysis will be made available to health care providers
and users of health care services in the form of a practical, encyclopaedic
resource.

This full-time post is available from 1 October 2009 or as soon as possible
thereafter and will be offered on a fixed-term contract for a period of one
year

Candidates should have a good research record and hold a PhD in corpus
linguistics or sociolinguistics (or equivalent).

For further information, and to submit an on-line application, see:
http://hr.nottingham.ac.uk/ (Job Opportunities/ Current Opportunities/
Research and Teaching)

Application Deadline: 25-Sep-2009

Web Address for Applications: http://hr.nottingham.ac.uk/