20.3136, Jobs: English & Lang Acq: Programmer/Analyst, Wireless Generation, NY

Thu Sep 17 18:08:50 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3136. Thu Sep 17 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3136, Jobs: English & Lang Acq: Programmer/Analyst, Wireless Generation, NY

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-Sep-2009
From: Tyler Smith < twsmith at wgen.net >
Subject: English & Language Acquisition, Phonetics, Phonology, Psycholinguistics: Programmer / Analyst, Wireless Generation, USA, New York

Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:06:08
From: Tyler Smith [twsmith at wgen.net]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3136.html&submissionid=230607&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Wireless Generation
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://www.wirelessgeneration.com

Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; Phonetics; Phonology; Psycholinguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Wireless Generation is seeking one data analyst / statistical developer who
will be able to analyze student assessment data for an early reading
intervention product created at Wireless Generation. He/she will provide
feedback to the product development team to improve the effectiveness of
the instruction and services we provide. He/she will also assist
researchers within the company, as well as external partners, to
investigate questions by accessing our growing data on student performance
in early reading skills.

Requirements of Statistical Developer / Data Analyst:
    * Strong background in one or more of the following areas:
          -Linguistics
          -Statistics
          -Psychology
    * Strong understanding of statistical techniques applied to data analysis
    * Proficient programming skills
    * Data manipulation and integration skills
    * Experience with statistical computing software
    * Prior research experience at the undergrad or graduate level

Preferred Skills:
    * Knowledge of early reading development, psychometrics, and/or
educational psychology
    * Oracle SQL and PL/SQL with analytic features
    * Python and/or Java
    * R statistical software programming experience

Wireless Generation creates innovative tools, systems, and services that
help educators teach smarter. With its mobile assessment software, the
company invented a better way to give classroom assessments and make
data-based instructional decisions. Now Wireless Generation has broken new
ground with technology that analyzes student data and customizes curriculum
to individual learning needs. Wireless Generation also builds large-scale
data systems, such as New York City's ARIS, that centralize student data
and give educators and parents unprecedented visibility into learning. A
Web 2.0 collaboration and knowledge network for educators propagates proven
approaches across schools. Wireless Generation currently serves more than
200,000 educators and 3 million students. More information is available at
 www.WirelessGeneration.com.

Wireless Generation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.

Web Address for Applications: http://www.cytiva.com/wgen/check_email.asp?wgen?wgen1271?mchechelni?71
Contact Information:
	Tyler Smith
	Email: twsmith at wgen.net