20.3154, Jobs: English,General Ling: Researcher, University of Konstanz, Germany

Fri Sep 18 18:25:07 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3154. Fri Sep 18 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3154, Jobs: English,General Ling: Researcher, University of Konstanz, Germany

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 15-Sep-2009
From: Bettina Braun-Spengler < b.braun-spengler at braun-werbung.de >
Subject: English & General Linguistics: Researcher, University of Konstanz, Germany, Konstanz

Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 14:22:26
From: Bettina Braun-Spengler [b.braun-spengler at braun-werbung.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3154.html&submissionid=230308&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Konstanz
Department: Zukunftskolleg
Job Location: Konstanz, Germany
Web Address: http://uni-konstanz.de/zukunftskolleg

Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The University of Konstanz is one of the nine Universities of Excellence in
the Federal Republic of Germany. The Zukunftskolleg is the central
scientific institution of the University of Konstanz for the promotion of
young scientists. We are offering 5 Research Positions (up to Salary Scale
14 TV-L) for the development and implementation of individual research
projects / research groups. The initial appointments will commence on April
1, 2010 and end on September 30, 2011. An extension of the work contract
for an additional 3.5 years will be financed by the Zukunftskolleg,
provided, that substantial external third-party funding for a research
project has been granted.

The Zukunftskolleg provides a professional infrastructure and an
appropriate workplace for conducting research. A pool for funding
cooperative projects, research assistants, research trips and the
acquisition of equipment is available. Additionally, fellows may nominate
recognized experts in their field of research as senior fellows, who will
be invited to Konstanz for a period of 3-12 months and who, in addition to
their research work, will advise young scientists in the Zukunftskolleg.

The prerequisites for acceptance are a doctoral degree and outstanding
scientific qualification as documented by research activities and
publications. The ideal candidate has just finished her / his dissertation
or has acquired initial work experience as a postdoctoral researcher.
International experience in teaching or research and a strong interest in
interdisciplinary topics are desirable. The foreseen topical connection of
the project to the research profile of the University of Konstanz should be
demonstrated in the project outline.

Fellows will be selected on the basis of their project outlines and a
two-day workshop to be held on February 22-23, 2010 at the University of
Konstanz.

Information about the fellowships and additional opportunities for
participation in the Zukunftskolleg are available on our website:
http://www.uni-konstanz.de/zukunftskolleg .

The full-length version of this announcement is available in German at:
http://www.uni-konstanz.de/stellen

Applicants should send their application form, their project outline, a
letter of motivation, application documents and a reading excerpt in
English as a PDF file (one file per applicant only!) to the email address
below.

Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2009

Email Address for Applications: zukunftskolleg at uni-konstanz.de
Contact Information: