20.3173, Support: Psycholing/Experimental Phonology: PhD Student, Northeastern U.

Sun Sep 20 03:41:13 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3173. Sat Sep 19 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3173, Support: Psycholing/Experimental Phonology: PhD Student, Northeastern U.

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 18-Sep-2009
From: Iris Berent < i.berent at neu.edu >
Subject: Psycholinguistics/Experimental Phonology: PhD Student, Northeastern University

Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 23:39:39
From: Iris Berent [i.berent at neu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3173.html&submissionid=230750&topicid=12&msgnumber=1

Institution/Organization: Northeastern University
Department: Psychology
Web Address: http://www.psych.neu.edu/people/faculty/berent.html

Level: PhD

Duties: Research

Specialty Areas: Phonology; Psycholinguistics

Graduate training opportunity in psycholinguistics/experimental phonology

The Phonology and Reading lab at Northeastern University is now seeking
applicants for graduate training in the lab. Our research examines the
representation of phonological universals in the human brain and their
interaction with reading ability. Research in the lab is strongly
interdisciplinary and multifaceted—we use the tools of experimental psychology
to test formal linguistic models of phonology, and we employ a variety of
experimental methods, including both behavioral and neuroimaging techniques
applied to a variety of populations, ranging from adults to infants. For further
information about current research projects and recent publications, please
visit http://www.psych.neu.edu/people/faculty/berent.html. Successful applicants
will be enrolled in the PhD program of the Department of Psychology,
Northeastern University. All graduate students in the program are fully
supported for a period of five years. We encourage applications from students
in a variety of disciplines, including psychology, linguistics, computer science
and biology. For inquiries, please contact the PI, Dr. Iris Berent,
i.berent at neu.edu (see application and contact information below).

Application Deadline: 10-Dec-2009

Web Address for Applications: http://nuweb5.neu.edu/graduate/admissions.html

Contact Information: