20.3190, Jobs: Modified: Psycholing, Lang Acq: Lecturer, U of Salford, UK

Mon Sep 21 15:32:57 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3190. Mon Sep 21 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3190, Jobs: Modified: Psycholing, Lang Acq: Lecturer, U of Salford, UK

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 18-Sep-2009
From: Heather Craddock < hcraddock at adsfab.com >
Subject: Modified: Psycholinguistics, Language Acqisition: Lecturer, University of Salford, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom

Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:30:34
From: Heather Craddock [hcraddock at adsfab.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3190.html&submissionid=230711&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Salford
Department: School of Languages
Job Location: Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.salford.ac.uk/

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics

Lecturer In Psycholinguistics (Language Acquisition)

The School of Languages has established programmes in linguistics at both
UG and PGT level and has internationally recognized research in morphology,
phonology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, sociolinguistics, French
linguistics and Arabic linguistics.

The successful applicant will have particular expertise in psycholinguistic
approaches to second language acquisition and will also have the ability to
teach first language acquisition and/or language processing. The person
appointed will develop and teach psycholinguistics modules on the School's
UG and PGT programmes and will play a particular role in developing the
relationship between linguistics and language pedagogy. It is expected that
the successful applicant will have an established or emerging research
profile in psycholinguistic approaches to second language acquisition and
will have the capacity to supervise PhD students in this area.   Ideally,
the successful applicant will also have expertise in one of the School's
modern foreign languages.

Informal inquiries should be directed to Professor Diane Blakemore, Head of
Linguistics (0161 295 4948); d.blakemore at salford.ac.uk or Dr Paul Rowlett,
Head of School (0161 295 4131); p.a.rowlett at salford.ac.uk

For further details and an application form visit the Human Resources
Division website at application URL below.  Alternatively please contact
Human Resources at the phone number or email address below with the
reference number LA/96.  CVs will not be accepted without a completed
application form.

At the University of Salford we are committed to an inclusive approach to
promoting equality and diversity.  We aim to have a more diverse workforce
at all levels of the institution and particularly welcome applications from
people from minority ethnic backgrounds and people with disabilities, who
are under-represented in our workforce.

Application Deadline: 01-Oct-2009

Email Address for Applications: Hr at salford.ac.uk
Web Address for Applications: http://www.jobs.salford.ac.uk