20.3215, Jobs: Natural Lang Processing, Comp Ling: Lexicographer, NetBase

Wed Sep 23 14:16:34 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3215. Wed Sep 23 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3215, Jobs: Natural Lang Processing, Comp Ling: Lexicographer, NetBase

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 21-Sep-2009
From: Wei Li < liwei999 at gmail.com >
Subject: English & Natural Language Processing, Computational Linguistics: Computational Lexicographer, NetBase Solutions, Inc., CA, USA

Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:14:04
From: Wei Li [liwei999 at gmail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3215.html&submissionid=231247&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: NetBase Solutions, Inc.
Department: NLP
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://netbase.com/index.php

Job Rank: Computational Lexicographer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

Required Language(s): English (eng)

COMPUTATIONAL LEXICOGRAPHER

Want to join a winning team in transforming the world of business search?
We are seeking a detail-oriented computational lexicographer to be part of
our NLP development team.

This is a hands-on development job which requires the familiarity of
lexical development and debugging in a software development environment.
As an integrated member of the development team, the candidate needs to
contribute to the enhancement of the natural language processing engine by
developing computational grammars as well as lexicons based on reported
linguistic bugs.  The job also involves managing machine readable
dictionaries in a database,  collecting and modifying on-line lexical
resources and ontologies, managing annotation projects for development and
testing corpora, and maintenance of massive lexical resources of various
sources.

The candidate should have a Master's degree or above in Computational
Linguistics or related fields.   Some programming experience or training is
necessary.  Hands-on experience in developing computational lexicons in a
software environment is preferred. Native speaker of English is required.
Authorization to work in the US  (including Canadian citizens) and
relocation are required. Fresh masters or PhDs in excellent standing with
relevant training can be considered for an internship which may lead to a
permanent job.

Compensation depends on background and experience. It also features the
benefits of working for a startup company, including a small team
environment, and stock options.

Location: Moutain View, CA

Send your resume and cover letter via email to team at netbase.com with the
subject of Computational Lexicographer.