21.1794, Qs: Defining Alpine Languages

Tue Apr 13 17:22:48 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-1794. Tue Apr 13 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.1794, Qs: Defining Alpine Languages

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Danielle St. Jean <danielle at linguistlist.org>

Date: 13-Apr-2010
From: Isabelle Midy < isabelle.midy at kb.se >
Subject: Defining Alpine Languages

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 13:21:04
From: Isabelle Midy [isabelle.midy at kb.se]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-1794.html&submissionid=2626096&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Dear LINGUIST List subscribers,

I have been asked to clarify the term "Alpine languages" in a scientific
connection. The term has been explained on this wiki:

http://wiki.frath.net/Alpine_languages

However, I am reluctant to quote a wiki page or Wikipedia in a
dissertation. Consequently I would like to find a more solid source for
my quotations. Could you, by any chance, recommend a scientific work
where the term is properly defined? I would be most grateful to you for
any help in this respect.

Best regards,

Isabelle Midy
Research Coordinator
Research Department
Kungl. biblioteket/National Library of Sweden
Mail: Box 5039, SE-102 41 Stockholm, Sweden
Visits: Humlegården, Stockholm
Phone: +46 8 463 41 75
Fax: +46 8 463 40 04
Mobile: +46 73 917 33 57
E-mail: isabelle.midy at kb.se
www.kb.se

Linguistic Field(s): Language Documentation
                     Sociolinguistics