21.1799, FYI: Cyberling Blog

Wed Apr 14 01:51:23 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-1799. Tue Apr 13 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.1799, FYI: Cyberling Blog

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler <elyssa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 10-Apr-2010
From: Emily M. Bender < ebender at u.washington.edu >
Subject: Cyberling Blog

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 21:49:32
From: Emily M. Bender [ebender at u.washington.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-1799.html&submissionid=2625514&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Dear LINGUIST subscribers,

We would like to draw your attention to http://blog.cyberling.org, a blog
and discussion forum focusing on issues pertaining to cyberinfrastructure
for linguistics- harnessing the power of computers and the internet to
support the collection, annotation, and analysis of linguistic data,
linguistic hypothesis testing, as well as collaboration among linguists.

Anyone can sign up and make comments or create forum topics.  In addition
to fostering international discussion of these issues, we intend for this
blog to become a repository of information about resources (data sets,
software tools, tutorials).  If you have information about such resources
or opinions you would like to share about cyberinfrastructure and are
interested in becoming an author, please contact Emily Bender and Dan
McCloy at (ebender, drmccloy at uw dot edu).

Emily

Emily M. Bender
Assistant Professor
Department of Linguistics
University of Washington

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics
                     Discipline of Linguistics