21.1848, FYI: Call for Volume Contributions: South Slavic

Fri Apr 16 02:57:32 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-1848. Thu Apr 15 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.1848, FYI: Call for Volume Contributions: South Slavic

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler <elyssa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 14-Apr-2010
From: Marcin Grygiel < mgrygiel at poczta.fm >
Subject: Call for Volume Contributions: South Slavic

Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 22:56:24
From: Marcin Grygiel [mgrygiel at poczta.fm]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-1848.html&submissionid=2626414&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

We invite contributions to the edited volume: South Slavic Nominal Systems
in Contrast and Comparison.

South Slavic languages (Croatian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Macedonian,
Montenegrin, Old Church Slavonic, Serbian, Slovene) represent a great
variety of functional and formal categories expressed within the noun
phrase, shaped by both analytic and synthetic markers.  We are interested in
these nominal elements as parts of various systems and paradigms such as
cases, articles, demonstratives, noun modifiers, quantifiers, numerals,
possessives, pronouns. Nominal structures are both formal and functional
categories which cover a lot of semantic territory. Many are governed by
specific predicate classes and linked to various argument roles (experience,
recipient, goal, etc.) depending on the meaning of the predicate. They are
also involved in various formal relations and sequencing patterns. We are
interested in the systematicity of these patterns and their comparison both
in micro (within the South Slavic and Slavic groups) and macro
scale(cross-linguistically).

We encourage submission of high-quality and data-oriented contributions
reporting original work in both theoretical and experimental research areas
pertaining to the subject matter of the edited volume. All the  papers will
be peer-reviewed.
Marcin Grygiel, Ph.D.
Department of Comparative Slavic Linguistics
University of Rzeszow,Poland
mgrygiel at poczta.fm

Linguistic Field(s): Syntax

Subject Language(s): Bulgarian (bul)