21.2003, Jobs: Syntax; General Linguistics: Visiting Assistant Professor, UCLA

Tue Apr 27 14:40:58 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-2003. Tue Apr 27 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.2003, Jobs: Syntax; General Linguistics: Visiting Assistant Professor, UCLA

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 26-Apr-2010
From: Anoop Mahajan < amahajan at ucla.edu >
Subject: Syntax; General Linguistics: Visiting Assistant Professor, UCLA, CA, USA

Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:39:30
From: Anoop Mahajan [amahajan at ucla.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-2003.html&submissionid=2630034&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: UCLA
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.linguistics.ucla.edu

Job Rank: Visiting Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Syntax

The UCLA Department of Linguistics is conducting a search to fill a
one-year Visiting Assistant Professor position in Syntax and General
Linguistics for the academic year 2010-2011. The 2010 academic year at UCLA
starts on September 20, 2010, and it consists of three academic quarters.
The appointee will teach five courses over the three quarters covering both
undergraduate and graduate levels. Most of the teaching will be in the area
of syntax. Salary will be based on the UCLA faculty scale, with benefits
according to the standard UCLA benefits package.

Applicants are requested to send application materials by email. This
should include a vita, a cover letter describing experience and interests
for both teaching and research, sample papers, and documentation of
teaching record (including teaching evaluations). Applicants should also
request three letters of recommendation to be sent by email to this address
from individuals familiar with their work. Questions about the position may
be directed to the search committee. Applications will be reviewed as soon
as they are received. We will start reviewing applications on May 15, 2010.
The position will remain open until filled.

All applications, material submission, and questions should be sent to the
email address below.

UCLA is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.

Application Deadline: 15-May-2010 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: linguistics2010 at humnet.ucla.edu
Contact Information:
	Search Committee
	Email: linguistics2010 at humnet.ucla.edu