21.2012, Jobs: Various Langs: Computational Ling, Interactive Intelligence, Inc.

Tue Apr 27 19:36:29 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-2012. Tue Apr 27 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.2012, Jobs: Various Langs: Computational Ling, Interactive Intelligence, Inc.

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-Feb-2010
From: Jan Flamion < Jan.Flamion at ININ.com >
Subject: Dutch; German, Standard; Polish; Spanish & Romance & Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Interactive Intelligence, Inc, Indiana, USA

Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:33:33
From: Jan Flamion [Jan.Flamion at ININ.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-2012.html&submissionid=2610976&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Interactive Intelligence, Inc
Department: Development - Media Group
Job Location: Indiana, USA
Web Address: http://WWW.ININ.COM

Job Rank: Computational Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonology; NLP

Required Language(s): Dutch (nld)
                      German, Standard (deu)
                      Polish (pol)
                      Spanish (spa)
                      Romance

Position Title: Computational Linguist - Media Group
Department: Development
Positions Available: 1
Location: Indianapolis or Montreal

The Media Group is responsible for the development of our cutting-edge
internet telephony (VoIP) and media processing components.  We are working
on some exciting new product features related to speech recognition and
speech analytics.

If you are self-motivated, driven, and have a perfectionist streak, we have an
exciting opportunity for you.  We are looking for an individual with a proven
track record researching new languages and their integration into speech
recognition and natural language processing engines.  Ability to create
pronunciation dictionaries and transcription of large datasets is highly
desirable.

Skills we look for:
- Strong background in phonology and computational linguistics
- In depth phonological/linguistic understanding of English and at least one
Romance, Slavic, or Nordic language
- Solid experience programming in C/C++ and scripting languages such as
Perl and Ruby
- Experience with large scale data collection efforts
- Experience in implementing statistical learning algorithms such as decision
trees and rule based systems
- Demonstrated ability to perform independent research and development
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, Artificial
Intelligence or related field

Skills that would be a plus:
- Experience with data mining, pattern recognition, and machine learning
techniques
- Experience with speech recognition and natural language processing

To apply, visit the URL below.

Email Address for Applications: Jan.Flamion at ININ.com
Web Address for Applications: http://www.inin.com/Careers/Pages/Positions.aspx
Contact Information:
	Recruiting Manager Jan Flamion
	Email: Jan.Flamion at ININ.com