21.3151, Jobs: General Linguistics: Lecturer/Asst Prof/Assoc Prof, Majan College

Tue Aug 3 13:25:17 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3151. Tue Aug 03 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3151, Jobs: General Linguistics: Lecturer/Asst Prof/Assoc Prof, Majan College

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 03-Aug-2010
From: Elvira Stevens < elvira at majancollege.edu.om >
Subject: Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics: Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor, Majan College (University College), Ruwi, Oman

Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 09:22:11
From: Elvira Stevens [elvira at majancollege.edu.om]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3151.html&submissionid=2643435&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Majan College (University College)
Department: Dean's Office
Job Location: Muscat, Oman
Web Address: http://www.majancollege.edu.om

Job Rank: Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor

Specialty Areas: Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Pragmatics; Semantics; Syntax

Majan College (University College) is one of the largest private sector
University Colleges in Oman delivering a range of UK degrees. All
programmes are taught in English and are awarded by the University of
Bedfordshire, UK.

Candidates must possess a relevant Masters degree (Ph.D. preferred) and a
minimum of 3 years experience of teaching at undergraduate level in
English. They should be able to teach modules such as Syntax, Semantics and
Pragmatics, Discourse Studies, Language and the Media, Varieties of
English, Contrastive Analysis.

Applications should be sent to the dean along with a full CV, cover letter
and a photograph.

Application Deadline: 11-Aug-2010 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Ms. Elvira Stevens
	P.O. Box 710
	Muscat, Ruwi 112