21.3239, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Post Doc, Heidelberg University

Wed Aug 11 15:02:58 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3239. Wed Aug 11 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3239, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Post Doc, Heidelberg University

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 11-Aug-2010
From: Sebastian Pado < pado at cl.uni-heidelberg.de >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Post Doc, Heidelberg University, Germany

Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 11:00:10
From: Sebastian Pado [pado at cl.uni-heidelberg.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3239.html&submissionid=2644316&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Heidelberg University
Department: Seminar fuer Computerlinguistik
Job Location: , Germany
Web Address: http://www.cl.uni-heidelberg.de

Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

The department of computational linguistics (Seminar für
Computerlinguistik) at Heidelberg University is pleased to announce an
opening for a postdoctoral researcher.

The CL department at Heidelberg hosts a young and dynamic team that
conducts research in computational linguistics and natural language
processing. Three professorships, a growing number of PhD students and
researchers, as well as good contacts to industry make Heidelberg one of
the centers of computational linguistics in Germany.

The postdoctoral position will be located in the group of Sebastian Pado.
The group's focus is on computational lexical semantics (representation of
word and phrase meaning, applications of lexical knowledge, cross-lingual
analysis) -- you may also review:

http://www.cl.uni-heidelberg.de/~pado

The successful candidate will independently lead research projects, be
involved in project planning, supervise students, and participate in
teaching. Prerequisites for this position are a PhD in (computational)
linguistics, computer science, or a related area. We expect thorough
knowledge of statistical language processing, solid programming skills, and
a dedication to research. Fair knowledge of German is required. Experience
in student supervision and project management are a plus.

The salary and social benefits are according to Germany's public sector
TV-L E13 scale. The position will be filled initially for a two-year term,
with possible extension.

The application (letter of motivation, research statement, CV with list of
publications, PhD thesis) should be sent to the application email below.

Application Deadline: 30-Sep-2010

Email Address for Applications: pado at cl.uni-heidelberg.de
Contact Information:
	Prof. Sebastian Pado