21.3240, Jobs: Syntax Or Phonology: Asst Prof, Sogang University

Wed Aug 11 15:14:00 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3240. Wed Aug 11 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3240, Jobs: Syntax Or Phonology: Asst Prof, Sogang University

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 11-Aug-2010
From: Yo-An Lee < yoanlee at sogang.ac.kr >
Subject: Syntax Or Phonology: Asst Prof, Sogang University, Korea, South, Seoul

Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 11:11:49
From: Yo-An Lee [yoanlee at sogang.ac.kr]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3240.html&submissionid=2644294&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Sogang University
Department: English Department
Job Location: Seoul, Korea, South
Web Address: http://english.sogang.ac.kr/

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Phonology; Syntax

Qualification
1. Candidates should hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree on by the date of
hire, which is March 2nd of 2011.
2. Candidates should be able to publish in reputed journals either in the
area of Syntax or Phonology.
3. The teaching load will be two courses per semester (6 credit hours)
including graduate courses.

Benefit
1. Initial salary is internationally competitive and calculated based on
research and teaching experience. Annual salary range 55,000-60,000 (Income
tax is about 15% in Korea) commensurate with experience and expertise. Also
consider lower cost of living.
2. Benefits include bonuses, research grants, health insurance and pension.
3. Ample support for research activities.
4. Subsidized medical insurance.
5. Housing provided: Off campus studio apartment for 6-12 months.

Procedures
1. The on-line application forms will be available on the application
website listed and should be filled out and submitted on-line between Aug
20th -Sep 10th.
2. Candidates should submit academic transcripts, a list of courses taught,
and three letters of recommendation to the application email below.

Application Deadline: 10-Sep-2010

Email Address for Applications: acafice at sogang.ac.kr
Web Address for Applications: http://profapply.sogang.ac.kr/english
Contact Information: