21.3319, Jobs: Phonology: Assistant Professor, U of Massachusetts Amherst

Tue Aug 17 15:57:27 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3319. Tue Aug 17 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3319, Jobs: Phonology: Assistant Professor, U of Massachusetts Amherst

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 17-Aug-2010
From: Sarah Vega-Liros < sarahv at linguist.umass.edu >
Subject: Phonology: Assistant Professor, University of Massachusetts Amherst, MA, USA

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:55:17
From: Sarah Vega-Liros [sarahv at linguist.umass.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3319.html&submissionid=2644879&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Massachusetts Amherst
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://www.umass.edu/linguist/

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Phonology

The Linguistics Department of the University of Massachusetts Amherst
invites applications for a tenure-track position in phonology at the
assistant professor level, starting September 1, 2011. We seek applicants
whose research interests complement those of the current faculty and who
can contribute breadth and depth to the department with respect to
research, teaching, and advising at the graduate and undergraduate levels.

Qualified applicants should have a Ph.D. in linguistics by time of
appointment. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Teaching load 2:2.

Applicants should submit a letter of application, statement of research and
teaching interests, curriculum vitae, copies of research papers, and
evidence of teaching ability, and they should arrange for three letters of
reference to be sent. Materials should be sent (hard copy only) to the
address below.

Review of applications will begin on December 15, 2010 and continue until
the position is filled.

UMass Amherst is a member of the Academic Career Network, a resource for
dual-career couples (http://acn.fivecolleges.edu) and a member of the Five
College Consortium along with Amherst, Hampshire, Smith and Mt. Holyoke
Colleges. The University of Massachusetts Amherst is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The Linguistics Department is committed
to increasing the diversity of the faculty, student body, and curriculum.
Women and members of minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.

Application Deadline: 15-Dec-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Phonology Search Committee
	Department of Linguistics, 226 South College
	University of Massachusetts Amherst
	150 Hicks Way
	Amherst, MA 01003-9274
	USA