21.3480, Jobs: Lecturer in Spanish: Emory University

Tue Aug 31 14:29:13 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3480. Tue Aug 31 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3480, Jobs: Lecturer in Spanish: Emory University

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 31-Aug-2010
From: Zinnia Johnston < zjohnst at emory.edu >
Subject: Lecturer in Spanish: Emory University, GA, USA

Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:27:22
From: Zinnia Johnston [zjohnst at emory.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3480.html&submissionid=2646135&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Emory University
Department: Department of Spanish and Portuguese
Job Location: Georgia, USA
Web Address: http://www.spanish.emory.edu/

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas:

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

Lecturer in Spanish, in language and culture instruction.  Master's
required, PhD desirable. Three-year appointment with the possibility of
renewal, and eventual promotion to Senior Lecturer contingent upon
excellent performance. Annual teaching load is 5 courses (3-2); maximum
enrollment, 18 students per section. Service commitment includes
undergraduate advising as well as additional departmental responsibilities
commensurate with the position. Requirements include native or near-native
proficiency in Spanish and ability to use English effectively in the
academic context; background and experience in the teaching of language and
culture at the university level; demonstrated effectiveness in the
classroom. Familiarity with classroom technologies a plus.  We welcome
applicants with an interest in linguistics, discourse analysis and/or
translation. Review of applications will begin November 22, 2010. Please
send letter of application and complete dossier (including c.v., letters of
recommendation, statement of teaching philosophy, and numerical teaching
evaluations from past two years of teaching, if available) to the
application address below. Emory University is an EEO/AA employer.

Application Deadline: 22-Nov-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Zinnia Johnston
	Academic Department Administrator