21.4829, Jobs: Language Documentation & Conservation: Asst Prof, U of Hawai'i

Wed Dec 1 17:21:53 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4829. Wed Dec 01 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4829, Jobs: Language Documentation & Conservation: Asst Prof, U of Hawai'i

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 30-Nov-2010
From: Kamil Deen [linguist at hawaii.edu]
Subject: Language Documentation & Conservation: Assistant Professor, University of Hawai'i at Manoa, HI, USA

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 12:20:42
From: Kamil Deen [linguist at hawaii.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4829.html&submissionid=3793516&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Hawai'i at Manoa
Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Location: Hawaii, USA
Web Address: http://www.ling.hawaii.edu
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Language Documentation; Conservation

Assistant Professor of Linguistics in Language Documentation and
Conservation: The Department of Linguistics at the University of Hawai'i at
M?noa invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position (position
no. 85018) in Language Documentation and Conservation, to begin August 1,
2011, or as soon as possible thereafter.

Minimum Qualifications: Ph.D. in linguistics or related field. (ABDs must
provide evidence that all degree requirements will have been met by the
date of hire). Applicants are expected to have practical fieldwork
experience and a demonstrated commitment to the goals of language
documentation and conservation, expertise in computational methods of data
archiving, manipulation and dissemination as well as a high-quality
research record in these areas. Evidence of superior teaching ability in
undergraduate and/or graduate linguistics courses is required.

Desirable Qualifications: Prior knowledge of one or more Asian and/or
Pacific languages; expertise in phonology, typology, morphology, or field
psycholinguistics. We are especially interested in candidates who are
willing to participate fully in the department's many language
documentation activities, including taking a leadership role in the
electronic journal, Language Documentation and Conservation, and whose
research and teaching interests allow them to interact with faculty and
students in the department, in other departments, and within the community
as well.

Salary: Commensurate with experience.

To Apply: Send a letter of application, CV, copies of key relevant
publications, teaching and research statements, and three letters of
recommendation to the address below.

Closing Date: We will begin to evaluate applications and supporting
materials by January 14, 2011.

Inquiries: Same address as application. We regret that we cannot accept
applications via fax. E-mailed applications must be followed by hard copy
postmarked (priority mail) by January 14, 2011. (E-mail address below).
Please note that we cannot ensure that all e-mail or fax communications in
regard to this position will be answered.

The University of Hawai'i is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
institution. UH does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age,
disability or veteran status.

Application Deadline: 14-Jan-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Chair, Department Personnel Committee