21.4840, Jobs: Spanish for Specific Purposes: Asst Prof, U of Alabama

Thu Dec 2 16:34:49 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4840. Thu Dec 02 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4840, Jobs: Spanish for Specific Purposes: Asst Prof, U of Alabama

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 01-Dec-2010
From: John Moore [jkmoore at uab.edu]
Subject: Spanish for Specific Purposes: Assistant Professor, University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL, USA

Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 11:31:13
From: John Moore [jkmoore at uab.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4840.html&submissionid=3793615&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Alabama at Birmingham
Department: Foreign Languages and Literatures
Job Location: Alabama, USA
Web Address: http://www.uab.edu/foreignlang
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Spanish for Specific Purposes

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

The Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures in the UAB College of
Arts and Sciences seeks applicants for Assistant Professor of Spanish
(full-time, tenure-track, nine-month appointment, beginning August 15,
2011). Ph.D. is required, preferably in field of Linguistics/Applied
Linguistics. Successful record of teaching and demonstrated excellence in
research obligatory. Scholarly production a core expectation. Must have
native or near-native proficiency in both Spanish and English. Will teach
courses at all levels (three per semester). Academic background and
experience in translation and interpretation for the professions strongly
favored. Interest in teaching/research/course development in Spanish for
Specific Purposes required.

Send application letter, CV, graduate transcript and three recent letters
of recommendation to the address below. Review of applications begins
immediately and continues until the position is filled.

UAB is an AA/EEO employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities
and veterans are encouraged to apply.

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. John Moore, Interim Chair
	UAB Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures
	HB 407
	1530 3rd Ave South
	Birmingham, AL 35294-1260
	USA