21.4872, Jobs: General Ling: Faculty, Metropolitan State College of Denver

Fri Dec 3 19:18:04 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4872. Fri Dec 03 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4872, Jobs: General Ling: Faculty, Metropolitan State College of Denver

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 01-Dec-2010
From:  C. Carlson [carlsonc at mscd.edu]
Subject: General Linguistics: Tenure Track Faculty, Metropolitan State College of Denver, CO, USA

Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 14:15:51
From:  C. Carlson [carlsonc at mscd.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4872.html&submissionid=3793635&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Metropolitan State College of Denver
Department: English
Job Location: Colorado, USA
Web Address: http://www.mscd.edu
Job Rank: Tenure Track Faculty

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

English-Linguistics-tenure track faculty
English department
Position #F572

Responsibilities: The English Department of Metropolitan State College of
Denver seeks a tenure track faculty member with a specialization in
Linguistics. Responsibilities include: teaching linguistics courses for
English majors and linguistics minors (day, evening, and weekend as needed)
including History of English, Nature of Language, Semantics; ability to
work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a culturally diverse
urban population; and advising students in the major. The position requires
teaching four courses each semester, including courses in the Department's
General Studies classes, such as Freshman Composition, and working on
professional development. We welcome applicants who have pursued research
interests in diverse cultures and languages or whose critical approaches
include issues of race, ethnicity, or gender.

EO Statement: Metropolitan State College of Denver is an equal opportunity
employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.

Required Qualifications: A PhD in Linguistics by June 1, 2011

Preferred Qualifications: Preference will be given to applicants with
evidence of successful college teaching in the field because Metropolitan
State College of Denver has a primary mission in teaching undergraduates,
including general education courses; demonstrated ability to work with and
be sensitive to the educational needs of a culturally diverse urban
population; and evidence of familiarity with innovative scholarship and
pedagogy. We seek applicants with experience involving students in
research. Demonstrated community engagement, e.g., partnerships for
community-based research projects, service learning.

Rank & Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.

Appointment: Fall 2011

Application: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply
through the online application system at the application URL below. The
full position announcement is listed at this site as well as application
instructions. Be prepared to attach a cover letter, vitae and list of three
professional references (separate documents) to your application.

Important: If you have specific questions concerning this position please
contact the department at 303-556-3211. If you have technical questions
please refer them to Angie Mallo, MSCD Human Resources at 303-352-4179.

Pursuant to Colorado Open Records Law, written materials in a search
process may be open for inspection by the public.

Application Deadline: 31-Jan-2011

Web Address for Applications: http://www.mscdjobs.com
Contact Information
	C. Carlson