21.4935, Software: EXMARaLDA Spoken Language Tools: New versions

Tue Dec 7 19:31:44 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4935. Tue Dec 07 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4935, Software: EXMARaLDA Spoken Language Tools: New versions

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Justin Petro <justin at linguistlist.org>
          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 06-Dec-2010
From: Thomas Schmidt [thomas.schmidt at uni-hamburg.de]
Subject: EXMARaLDA Spoken Language Tools: New versions

Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 14:30:56
From: Thomas Schmidt [thomas.schmidt at uni-hamburg.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4935.html&submissionid=3794084&topicid=13&msgnumber=1

On the occasion of EXMARaLDA's 10th anniversary, we are pleased to
announce new versions of the EXMARaLDA tools, downloadable from
www.exmaralda.org.

EXMARaLDA is a system for constructing, managing and exploiting
spoken language corpora. It is used, among others, by linguists
studying spoken discourse, language acquisition, dialectal variation
and phonology.

EXMARaLDA consists of three software tools: the Partitur-Editor, a tool
for transcribing and annotating digital audio or video recordings; the
Corpus manager, a tool for bundling recordings and transcriptions into
a corpus and managing their metadata; and EXAKT, a query and
analysis tool for EXMARaLDA corpora.

The new versions of the tools have new and improved interoperability
features for importing or exporting data from (among others)
CHAT/CLAN, ELAN and Transcriber - users of these tools may be
interested in trying out the import wizards of the EXAKT query tool.

EXMARaLDA is free and open source software. Its development is
ongoing. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions for
improvement.

With kind regards,

Thomas Schmidt
Kai Wörner