21.4966, Jobs: Syntax: Visiting Assistant Professor/Lecturer, UC Berkeley

Wed Dec 8 21:58:27 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4966. Wed Dec 08 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4966, Jobs: Syntax: Visiting Assistant Professor/Lecturer, UC Berkeley

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 08-Dec-2010
From: Paula Floro [floro at berkeley.edu]
Subject: Syntax: Visiting Assistant Professor/Lecturer, UC Berkeley, CA, USA

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 16:55:49
From: Paula Floro [floro at berkeley.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4966.html&submissionid=3794535&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: UC Berkeley
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://linguistics.berkeley.edu
Job Rank: Visiting Asst Professor/Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Syntax

Pending budgetary approval, the UC Berkeley Department of Linguistics is
conducting a search for a one-year Visiting Assistant Professor (or
Lecturer) in Syntax for the academic year, 2011-2012. The appointee will
teach four (to six) courses over two semesters, covering both undergraduate
and graduate levels, with the option of teaching a graduate seminar on a
topic of the appointee's interest. Strength in semantics, morphology,
corpus linguistics or a particular language area would be considered an
asset, but is not necessary. Salary, commensurate with experience, will be
based on established UC Berkeley salary scales, with benefits according to
the standard UC Berkeley benefits package.

Applicants are requested to send application materials by email. These
should include a vita, a cover letter describing experience and interests
for both teaching and research, sample papers, and documentation of
teaching record (including teaching evaluations). Applicants should also
request three letters of recommendation to be sent by email from
individuals familiar with their work. Applications will be reviewed
starting on March 15, 2011. The position will remain open until filled.

All applications, materials, and questions should be sent to:
syntax at berkeley.edu.

UC Berkeley is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.

Application Deadline: 15-Mar-2011 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: syntax at berkeley.edu
Contact Information:
	Manager Paula Floro
	Email: floro at berkeley.edu