21.4999, Support: General Ling: PhD Student, U. of Manchester, United Kingdom

Fri Dec 10 17:07:16 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4999. Fri Dec 10 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4999, Support: General Ling: PhD Student, U. of Manchester, United Kingdom

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>
          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 08-Dec-2010
From: Andrew Koontz-Garboden [andrewkg at manchester.ac.uk]
Subject: General Linguistics: PhD Student, University of Manchester, United Kingdom

Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 12:06:14
From: Andrew Koontz-Garboden [andrewkg at manchester.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4999.html&submissionid=3794435&topicid=12&msgnumber=1

Institution/Organization: University of Manchester
Department: Linguistics and English Language
Web Address: http://www.llc.manchester.ac.uk/subjects/lel/

Level: PhD

Duties: Research

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The Department of Linguistics and English Language at the University of
Manchester expects to offer one AHRC Doctoral Studentship to a student starting
on PhD research in September 2011. The award covers full-time fees (Home/EU)
and maintenance (Home) for three years and can be used for study in any of the
areas of linguistics in which we offer supervision.  Interested applicants are
advised to consult our departmental webpages for potential supervisors' areas of
interest:

http://www.llc.manchester.ac.uk/subjects/lel/

Interested applicants should submit their applications for doctoral study online by
15 February 2011, starting from the following link:

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/postgraduate/howtoapply/

AHRC applications should arrive to the Postgraduate Office of the School of
Languages, Linguistics and Cultures by 1 March 2011 either by post or email:

Mailing Address for Applications:
      Attn: Ms Amanda Mathews
      The University of Manchester
      Oxford Road
      Manchester M13 9PL
      United Kingdom

      amanda.mathews at manchester.ac.uk

Applications received after this deadline will still be considered for acceptance to
the programme but will be ineligible for AHRC funding.  Applicants are strongly
advised to make contact with potential supervisors well in advance of the
deadlines.  Questions regarding the application process can be directed to Ms
Amanda Mathews at the above address.

Potential students are additionally advised that we will also be offering a number of
other funding awards for outstanding PhD candidates.  For details please see our
funding page at

http://www.llc.manchester.ac.uk/postgraduate/funding/

--
Andrew Koontz-Garboden