21.5073, FYI: Lingua and Journal of Pragmatics Now at 15 Issues

Wed Dec 15 18:05:44 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-5073. Wed Dec 15 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.5073, FYI: Lingua and Journal of Pragmatics Now at 15 Issues

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>

Date: 15-Dec-2010
From: Christopher Tancock [c.tancock at elsevier.com]

Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:05:04
From: Christopher Tancock [c.tancock at elsevier.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-5073.html&submissionid=3795462&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

It is with pleasure that Elsevier announces that from 2011, Lingua and the
Journal of Pragmatics will each appear in 15 issues per annum. This
reflects the tremendous popularity of the journals and the extremely high
number of submissions that they continue to receive.

The increase to 15 issues per volume affords several significant benefits.
For the editorial teams; it gives more flexibility in terms of accepting
papers (fewer restraints on size of articles and issues) and compiling
issues. For authors, it further reduces the lag time between acceptance and
the physical publication of a paper. We will introduce yet more initiatives
during and beyond 2011 to further positively affect production speeds. For
readers, three more issues per year is an obvious (and not insubstantial)
increase in reading matter and also opens up opportunities for additional
special issues.

We look forward to your articles and/or readership in 2011 and we take this
opportunity to thank you publicly and sincerely for your contributions.

Christopher M. Tancock
Publisher, Elsevier Ltd.
c.tancock at elsevier.com

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable