21.5185, Support: English: PhD Student, The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK

Mon Dec 20 22:14:46 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-5185. Mon Dec 20 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.5185, Support: English: PhD Student, The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-Dec-2010
From: Stephen Pihlaja [mysonabsalom at gmail.com]
Subject: English: PhD Student, The Open University, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom

Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:14:05
From: Stephen Pihlaja [mysonabsalom at gmail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-5185.html&submissionid=3795778&topicid=12&msgnumber=1

Institution/Organization: The Open University
Department: The Centre for Research in Education and Education
Web Address: http://www.open.ac.uk

Level: PhD

Duties: Research

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Postgraduate Research Studentships
Centre for Research in Education and Educational Technology (CREET) Based in
Milton Keynes

The Centre for Research in Education and Educational Technology, at the Open
University, has an international reputation for the quality of its research and its
teaching.  Part of our success is due to the importance we attach to our
postgraduate research students.  Providing research students with a supportive
environment and excellent research facilities ensures a future supply of first class
researchers. CREET offers you a unique opportunity to study the theory,
application and practice of Education, Technology Enhanced Learning, and
Languages and Literacies with guidance from world-class experts in the field.  If
you feel that the challenge of research in this exciting and interesting area is for
you and you have the drive and intellectual curiosity to pursue postgraduate
research, then we look forward to hearing from you!

STUDENTSHIPS
You should have, or expect to obtain, at least a 2.1 in an undergraduate degree or
Masters degree in psychology, computer science, education or other appropriate
discipline.

CREET is offering a limited number of fully funded and partially funded full-time
studentships for a 1 + 3 programme.  Half-funded studentships are also available
for applicants who have already secured an external sponsor and you should
indicate this in your application when you apply.  Applicants who are able to fully
fund themselves are very welcome to apply to CREET.

CREET has an active, internationally-renowned research community. The
international excellence of CREET's research has been recognised in each of the
last three national research assessment exercises.  Equally, its teaching is
nationally rated as 'excellent' (2001 Teaching Quality Assessment); and the
Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) has designated CREET as an
approved outlet for postgraduate research training.  Our MRes, PhD and Doctorate
in Education programmes all have ESRC recognition.

There is currently a vibrant international community of students studying our MRes
and PhD programmes.  The Open University provides excellent support for
students and offers a full range of training in computer, library and presentation
skills.  Students are normally expected to live within commuting distance of Milton
Keynes.

Further information, including more details of CREET research, can be found at
http://creet.open.ac.uk

For information on how to apply for the studentships go to
http://www3.open.ac.uk/employment/, call Anne Foward, Student Coordinator, on
01908 655364 or e-mail CREET-student-enquiries at open.ac.uk

Closing date: 15 February 2011. Interviews will commence in March / April 2011.

Equal Opportunity is University Policy.

Application Deadline: 15-Feb-2011

Web Address for Applications: http://www3.open.ac.uk/employment/

Contact Information: