21.5236, All: Wiley-Blackwell Compass Panel Members Needed

Thu Dec 23 04:08:17 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-5236. Wed Dec 22 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.5236, All: Wiley-Blackwell Compass Panel Members Needed

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler <elyssa at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.cfm

Date: 22-Dec-2010
From: LINGUIST List [fatemeh at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Wiley-Blackwell Compass Panel Members Needed

Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 23:06:35
From: LINGUIST List [fatemeh at linguistlist.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-5236.html&submissionid=3796679&topicid=1&msgnumber=1

Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

We are looking for volunteers to serve on our Wiley-Blackwell Compass
Panel! This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with LINGUIST List
and the online linguistics community.

In 2008, LINGUIST developed the Wiley-Blackwell Language & Linguistics
Compass Discussion Forum, which is a special area of our site that provides
free, full-text access to selected Language and Linguistics Compass
articles - as well as a comment board to discuss the articles with your
peers. This has been a very successful project with a large viewer base,
and one we hope to continue for many years.

In the Discussion Forum, users can post comments and/or questions about the
contents of each article. In some cases the article authors have even
posted their own thoughts and guiding questions. In order to ensure that
there is some guided discussion by up-and-coming linguists, as well as
established ones, we are attempting to compile a group of panelists who
will post comments and initiate discussion of these articles on the comment
boards, as well as selecting articles for each new issue. This is a good
opportunity to gain experience "reviewing" articles and establish a
connection with a major linguistics publisher, while engaging in academic
discussion of recent linguistics articles.

If you can recommend someone to serve on the panel, or if you yourself
would like to volunteer, we would love to hear from you. Please send your
recommendations to fatemeh at linguistlist.org.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Best Wishes,

Publications Team