21.543, Jobs: Spanish, Lexicography, Text/corpus Ling: Consultant, Nuance

Wed Feb 3 17:14:44 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-543. Wed Feb 03 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.543, Jobs: Spanish, Lexicography, Text/corpus Ling: Consultant, Nuance

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 03-Feb-2010
From: Alex Hurst < Alexander.Hurst at nuance.com >
Subject: Spanish & Lexicography, Text/corpus Linguistics: Consultant, Nuance Communications Inc.

Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 12:12:05
From: Alex Hurst [Alexander.Hurst at nuance.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-543.html&submissionid=2608877&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Nuance Communications Inc.
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com

Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Lexicography; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

Nuance Communications, Inc., a world-wide leader in speech technology, is
seeking a part-time Spanish language consultant to enhance our language
dictionaries.

All work will be done off-site.

Responsibilities:
- Evaluating design and quality of pronunciation dictionaries
- Merging pronunciation dictionaries
- Evaluating and correcting dictionary entries
- Identifying new entries for general and specialized dictionaries
- Writing phonetic transcriptions for new and existing entries
- Serving as language expert resource for engineers and researchers

Requirements:
- Native fluency in Spanish
- Completion of at least an undergraduate degree in linguistics
- Knowledge of the International Phonetic Alphabet
- Ability to work independently
- Up-to-date computer running Windows
- High-speed home internet connection

Helpful Skills:
- Expertise in medicine, law, or technology
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Familiarity with a text editor such as emacs or vi
- Ability to program in a scripting language (e.g. Perl)

20 hours of work per week for a duration of 3 months is required. Pay is
18,50 EUR per hour. Equivalent payment in other currencies, e.g. USD, is
also possible.

To apply, please submit your resume or CV and a brief statement describing
your experience and abilities to the email address below. We will consider
only electronic submissions. No phone calls, please.

Application Deadline: 28 February 2010

The position may be filled before that date if a qualified applicant is found.

Application Deadline: 28-Feb-2010

Email Address for Applications: lm.linguistics at nuance.com
Contact Information
	LM Linguistics