21.555, Jobs: Modern English Ling: Prof, Justus-Liebig-University Giessen

Thu Feb 4 14:49:04 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-555. Thu Feb 04 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.555, Jobs: Modern English Ling: Prof, Justus-Liebig-University Giessen

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 01-Feb-2010
From: Angelika Neugebauer < Angelika.Neugebauer at admin.uni-giessen.de >
Subject: Modern English Linguistics: Professor, Justus-Liebig-University Giessen, Germany

Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 09:46:17
From: Angelika Neugebauer [Angelika.Neugebauer at admin.uni-giessen.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-555.html&submissionid=2608576&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Justus-Liebig-University Giessen
Department: Faculty of Language, Literature and Culture
Job Location: Giessen, Germany
Web Address: http://www.uni-giessen.de/stellenmarkt/

Job Rank: Professor

Specialty Areas: Modern English Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Faculty of Language, Literature and Culture invites applications for a
3-year W2 Professorship in Modern English Linguistics as of 1 October 2010.

Reference is made to § 61 section 5 Hessisches Hochschulgesetz (HHG) and to
conditions of employment based on § 62 HHG. We seek candidates who have
completed a first-rate PhD degree and have proved their academic excellence
in both research and teaching. Proficient knowledge of German is expected.

You will be expected to give lectures and teach advanced, research-based
seminars on a broad spectrum of the field of synchronic English linguistics
(e.g. phonetics/phonology, morphology, lexico-grammar and/or pragmatics) in
the basic, advanced, and MA-modules of our Teaching, Bachelor's and
Master's Degree programs. Candidates are required to participate in the
final examinations of all lines of study. We welcome research and teaching
experience in the areas of varieties of English/language variation as well
as in corpus linguistics. The Giessen University English Linguistics
section is aiming to strengthen its profile in these areas, also through
your participation in the promotion of young researchers (including
involvement in the Giessen Graduate Centre for the Study of Culture).

Justus-Liebig-University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in
employment and to providing expanding employment opportunities to women. We
therefore particularly encourage female candidates to apply.
Justus-Liebig-University Giessen also aims to increase its faculty
leadership with individuals who have competence in dealing with gender and
family-related issues. Applications from the disabled of equal aptitude
will be favoured.

Applicants are invited to submit a letter of application, stating their
academic qualifications, publications and teaching record/abilities, as
well as a curriculum vitae directly to the application address below,
quoting reference number 5-03/10. Applications must be received by 19
February 2010 at the latest.

Candidates are strongly recommended to refer to our webpage on employment
http://www.uni-giessen.de/stellenmarkt/ and application procedures at:
http://www.uni-giessen.de/stellenmarkt/merkblatt.pdf

Please only submit only copies of your application documents, as they
cannot be returned after the application procedure is completed.

Application Deadline: 19-Feb-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	The President of Justus-Liebig-University Giessen
	Ludwigstrasse 23
	35390 Giessen
	Germany
Web Address for Applications: http://www.uni-giessen.de/stellenmarkt/merkblatt.pdf