21.558, FYI: Call for Readings in African Dialectology Chapters

Thu Feb 4 16:11:45 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-558. Thu Feb 04 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.558, FYI: Call for Readings in African Dialectology Chapters

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler <elyssa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 02-Feb-2010
From: Felix Abidemi Fabunmi < fafabunmi at oauife.edu.ng >

Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 11:09:37
From: Felix Abidemi Fabunmi [fafabunmi at oauife.edu.ng]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-558.html&submissionid=2608754&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Readings in African Dialectology

Call for Papers

Articles and contributions are invited from linguists, language scholars,
language experts and literary scholars for a book project titled Readings
in African Dialectology.

The book will be a resource book on African linguistics with a special
focus on the diverse aspects of dialects and languages in Africa. It will
also be an outlet for researchers in the field of micro-comparative studies.

Papers dealing with dialectology, dialect syntax, dialect discourse,
applied linguistics and dialectology, literary criticism and dialectology,
and all other related linguistic sub-fields in African Languages and
dialects are welcome.

Please send contributions to either of the two editors. We are constrained
to receive papers sent by email attachment in editable formats such as MS
Word and others. The deadline for submission is 1st June 2010. Authors will
be contacted before August 30th 2010, after their papers would have gone
through blind review/assessment by our reviewers.

This book is scheduled for publication in the fourth quarter of 2010.

Thank you.

Dr. Felix Abídèmí Fábùnmi
Department of Linguistics and African Languages
Obafemi Awolowo University
Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Email: fabunmibm at yahoo.com or fafabunmi at oauife.edu.ng

Dr. Akeem Ségun Sàláwù