21.591, FYI: American Indian/Polynesian Language Lessons

Fri Feb 5 17:45:48 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-591. Fri Feb 05 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.591, FYI: American Indian/Polynesian Language Lessons

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler <elyssa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 04-Feb-2010
From: Mathias Bullerman < webmaster at saivus.org >
Subject: American Indian/Polynesian Language Lessons

Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 12:44:00
From: Mathias Bullerman [webmaster at saivus.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-591.html&submissionid=2609037&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Society to Advance Indigenous Vernaculars of the United States (SAIVUS)
offers free, online language lessons for speakers of languages indigenous
to the United States (American Indian and Polynesian). Currently, we are
developing language lessons for Hawaiian (Polynesian), Lakota (Siouan),
Cherokee (Southern Iroquoian), and Plains Indian Sign Language. We are
looking to collaborate with individuals who are interested in writing
pedagogical materials (preferably linguists) for these languages or related
languages. We also publish research papers written on these languages
online. This project is for a good cause and it is a great CV enhancer.
Additionally, we are looking for native speakers of these languages to
submit sound files. Please email webmaster at saivus.org for more information.

                     Language Documentation
                     Text/Corpus Linguistics

Subject Language(s): Cherokee (chr)