21.636, FYI: Call for Papers: 'Endangered Metaphors'

Mon Feb 8 02:04:17 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-636. Sun Feb 07 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.636, FYI: Call for Papers: 'Endangered Metaphors'

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler <elyssa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 04-Feb-2010
From: Anna Idström < anna.e.idstrom at helsinki.fi >
Subject: Call for Papers: 'Endangered Metaphors'

Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 21:01:50
From: Anna Idström [anna.e.idstrom at helsinki.fi]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-636.html&submissionid=2608978&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

We are looking for contributions to a volume of 'Endangered Metaphors',
which will contain studies of idioms and conceptual (systematic) metaphors
in endangered languages, representing different language families and
different geographical regions. Metaphors have been a neglected area in
documentation of endangered languages. We hope that this volume will help
direct scholarly attention to the diversity of metaphor systems in the
world's languages and the need to incorporate metaphors in language
documentation efforts. Scholars interested in contributing to the volume
are invited to submit 500-word abstracts by 31 May, 2010, to Anna Idström,
anna.e.idstrom at helsinki.fi, and inform us about the topic by 28 February.
Queries should be directed to the same address.

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics
                     Language Documentation
                     Semantics