21.638, FYI: Call for Chapters: Natural Language Processing

Mon Feb 8 02:43:03 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-638. Sun Feb 07 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.638, FYI: Call for Chapters: Natural Language Processing

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler <elyssa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 05-Feb-2010
From: Philip McCarthy < philmccarthy1 at gmail.com >

Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 21:41:09
From: Philip McCarthy [philmccarthy1 at gmail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-638.html&submissionid=2609174&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

The main objective of the book is to offer a description of Applied Natural
Language Processing. We believe that by offering readers a broad, yet
guided, picture of ANLP in the first decade of the 21st century that we
will be able to better shape its success and development for the coming
decades. This book will contain state-of-the-art Applied Natural Language
Processing techniques as well as their applications. The descriptions and
research will be the product of established researchers in fields relating
to ANLP.

Part I of the book 'Introduction to NLP' will describe the major areas and
topics of interest in ANLP. However, unlike many computer science texts,
these chapters will not delve ever more deeply into these areas, so much as
they will broaden out, demonstrating current applications, and speculating
on future applications. Part I includes such areas as Parsing,
Summarization, Text Classification, and Question Answering. Although most
of the chapters for Part I have already been decided, we are specifically
looking for authors to write chapters on the following areas: 1/
Probabilistic approaches, 2/Text Mining, 3/Teaching ANLP, 4/ Data Mining,
5/Blog Analysis /Online Discussion.

If you are interested in contributing one of these chapters, please contact
the editors. Along with your CV (or link to your website), please describe
your interest in the chapter and demonstrate to us why you would be
suitable for contributing this chapter.  The editors will make the decision
and formally invite you to submit the paper.

see http://tinyurl.com/ybnvs92 for full details
Philip M. McCarthy: philmccarthy1 at gmail.com and/or
Chutima Boonthum: chutima.boonthum at gmail.com

                     Computational Linguistics