21.754, Jobs: Cognitive Sci: Director, Center for Cognitive Science, Rutgers U

Fri Feb 12 18:59:58 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-754. Fri Feb 12 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.754, Jobs: Cognitive Sci: Director, Center for Cognitive Science, Rutgers U

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 11-Feb-2010
From: Jane Grimshaw < grimshaw at ruccs.rutgers.edu >
Subject: Cognitive Science: Director, Center for Cognitive Science, Rutgers University, NJ, USA

Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:57:16
From: Jane Grimshaw [grimshaw at ruccs.rutgers.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-754.html&submissionid=2610017&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Rutgers University
Department: Center for Cognitive Science
Job Location: New Jersey, USA
Web Address: http://ruccs.rutgers.edu/ruccs/index.php

Job Rank: Director

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science

The Rutgers Center for Cognitive Science (RuCCS) at the New Brunswick
Campus of Rutgers University is searching for a new director.

We are looking for an outstanding scholar with proven administrative
abilities and a vision for the future of cognitive science at Rutgers.

A primary goal of the Center is to foster research on the nature of
symbolic processes constitutive of intelligent performance. This
encompasses such aspects of intelligent performance as perception, language
processing, planning, problem solving, reasoning, learning and knowledge
formation. The Center promotes the integration of techniques and knowledge
drawn from a wide variety of fields. RuCCS has 22 jointly appointed faculty
members, and 30 associates also play an active role in the intellectual
life of the Center. The current principal contributing disciplines are
psychology, computer science, linguistics and philosophy.

The Center offers a Certificate for graduate students and a minor and
independent major for undergraduates.

Candidates should be at the Full Professor level. Salary is negotiable.
Consideration of applications will begin on March 29, 2010.

Please see the posting at http://ruccs.rutgers.edu/ruccs/jobs.php for
further information on the position, as well as application information.

Rutgers is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Search Committee Staff
	Rutgers University
	Center for Cognitive Science
	152 Frelinghuysen Road, Psychology Building Addition
	Piscataway, NJ 08854-8020
	USA
Email Address for Applications: dirsearch at ruccs.rutgers.edu
Contact Information