21.808, FYI: TIRF 2010 Doctoral Dissertation Grant Competition

Wed Feb 17 16:29:10 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-808. Wed Feb 17 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.808, FYI: TIRF 2010 Doctoral Dissertation Grant Competition

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler <elyssa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-Feb-2010
From: Mara Haslam < tirf at lists.utah.edu >

Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:26:36
From: Mara Haslam [tirf at lists.utah.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-808.html&submissionid=2611014&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

The International Research Foundation for English Language Education (TIRF)
announces its 2010 Doctoral Dissertation Grant (DDG) competition.

The International Research Foundation for English Language Education was
founded in 1999 as the TESOL International Research Foundation (TIRF), an
international, non-profit organization. Its aim is to generate new
knowledge and to collect and organize existing knowledge about the teaching
and learning of English for the purposes of informing educational policy;
improving classroom practices; and, ultimately, expanding educational,
occupational, and social opportunities for individuals in a global society.

To advance our mission, the DDG offers awards of up to $5,000 USD for
doctoral research in the following areas:

- Bilingualism/Plurilingualism in Business and Industry
- Effective Grammar Instruction for English Language Learners in Primary
and Secondary Education Context
- Integration of Grammar Instruction into EFL Curricula: Approaches and
their Effectiveness
- Language Assessment
- Optimal Uses of Technology in the Delivery of English Language Instruction
- Students' Age and Effective English Language Education in Schools
- Teacher Education

Proposals are due by May 15, 2010. For further information on the DDG
requirements and the DDG application process, please visit our website at
http://tirfonline.org.