21.821, FYI: Emerald Publishing: Call for Book Proposals

Wed Feb 17 20:59:25 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-821. Wed Feb 17 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.821, FYI: Emerald Publishing: Call for Book Proposals

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler <elyssa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 16-Feb-2010
From: Kim Foster < kfoster at emeraldinsight.com >
Subject: Emerald Publishing: Call for Book Proposals

Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:57:21
From: Kim Foster [kfoster at emeraldinsight.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-821.html&submissionid=2610578&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Emerald Group Publishing is actively seeking proposals for new books and
book series in Language and Linguistics to complement our excellent
portfolio of existing titles.

Emerald already publishes a range of books and book series by well known
authors such as Bruce Fraser, Maj-Britt Mosegaard-Hansen, Ken Turner, Jacob
Mey, Martha Pennington, Tej K. Bhatia and William C. Ritchie. Our existing
titles can be viewed at www.emeraldinsight.com/books. To support this
collection of titles, we are particularly interested to receive book
proposals in the following areas:

Bilingualism and Multilingualism
Endangered Languages
Grammar and Syntax
Language and learning for infants, children and adolescents
Language and Politics/Government
Academic and Educational Issues
Business management and professional issues

If you have an idea for a book or book series in any of these areas, please
email our Commissioning Editor, Kim Foster at kfoster at emeraldinsight.com.
More information on how to submit a proposal can be found at
http://info.emeraldinsight.com/products/books/authors/index.htm.

At Emerald we pride ourselves on author relations, and have great
editorial, marketing and production teams working on book products. We're
committed to presenting digital content and have already begun to publish
book content online as well as in print. We assure that your work will be
promoted and disseminated to the best of our abilities.

We are looking forward to working with you.

                     General Linguistics
                     Sociolinguistics