21.855, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: President, Center for Applied Linguistics

Fri Feb 19 21:23:45 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-855. Fri Feb 19 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.855, Jobs: Applied Linguistics:  President, Center for Applied Linguistics

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 19-Feb-2010
From: Yvette Buck < ybuck at cal.org >
Subject: Applied Linguistics: President, Center for Applied Linguistics, DC, USA

Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 16:22:22
From: Yvette Buck [ybuck at cal.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-855.html&submissionid=2611615&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Center for Applied Linguistics
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Web Address: http://www.cal.org/

Job Rank: President

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

PRESIDENT

CENTER FOR APPLIED LINGUISTICS
Washington, DC

The Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL) seeks applications and nominations
for the position of CAL President.  The President provides intellectual
leadership and overall direction in organizational operations, management,
and development.

CAL is an internationally recognized nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization whose
mission is to improve communication through better understanding of
language and culture.  Presently, CAL houses major federally funded
projects on English language learning, foreign languages, refugee services,
language assessment, and literacy education.   Research and application
efforts focus on diverse areas of language education, assessment, and
training.  CAL has an annual operating budget of approximately $17 million,
with a staff of 105.

We seek candidates with the vision and talent to lead our mission-oriented
organization in addressing program goals and developing new opportunities
for diversification in our activities. Preferred qualifications for this
position include a doctoral-level degree in applied linguistics or an
allied discipline relevant to CAL's mission, a strong record of
publication, experience managing a nonprofit organization, and success in
obtaining federal and other funding.  In-depth knowledge of the fields of
language education and applied linguistics is vital, as are qualities of
leadership in working with professional staff and experts in the field.

Applications will be reviewed beginning March 15, 2010, with the
expectation that a successful candidate will assume duties in summer/fall
2010.  Submit nominations and applications to the address below, or
electronically to presidentsearch at cal.org.  Applications must include a
letter of application; curriculum vitae; and the name, address, telephone
number, and e-mail address of three recent professional references. The
full position announcement can be found at
http://www.cal.org/about/jobs/president02-2010.html.

CAL is an equal opportunity employer.  We invite and encourage applications
from minorities and women.

Application Deadline: 30-Mar-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Chair Search Committee for President