21.342, Jobs: Search, CompLing: Search Quality Engineer, NetBase Solutions, Inc

Wed Jan 20 19:08:04 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-342. Wed Jan 20 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.342, Jobs: Search, CompLing: Search Quality Engineer, NetBase Solutions, Inc

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 19-Jan-2010
From: Scott Wolk < swolk at netbase.com >
Subject: Search, Natural Language Processing, Information Extraction: Search Quality Engineer, NetBase Solutions, Inc., California, USA

Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:05:27
From: Scott Wolk [swolk at netbase.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-342.html&submissionid=2606994&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: NetBase Solutions, Inc.
Department: Quality Assurance
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.netbase.com

Job Rank: Search Quality Engineer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Search

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Search Quality Engineer
NetBase Solutions, Inc.
Location: Mountain View, CA

NetBase is the insight discovery company. We're a well-funded, fast-growing
start-up that has already acquired an impressive roster of top-tier Fortune
500 clients. We develop and market a next-generation SaaS solution that
combines search and text analytics to help business users answer complex
questions faster, more accurately, and with greater confidence because it
finds and extracts the most relevant information from billions of public
and private sources of online content. Our advanced semantic search
technology combines with patent-pending lenses to focus each search and
intelligently guide each user to highly relevant answers.

NetBase Solutions assist market researchers at Fortune 1,000 companies with
netnography and social media understanding, and enable science, technology
and medical (STM) publishers to make searches of their proprietary content
much faster and more productive, thereby increasing the value of their
content. Five of the top ten consumer packaged goods companies, including
Procter & Gamble, and two of the top three STM publishers, including Reed
Elsevier, use NetBase to find answers faster.

Based in the heart of Silicon Valley and privately held, NetBase offers a
family-friendly, flexible, engineer-centric working environment that values
open communication and emphasizes results over process.

Benefits of working at NetBase include:
* Generous cash and equity compensation
* Mac, Windows, or Linux laptop of your choice
* Medical insurance and 401k plan
* Colleagues who are some of the smartest engineers and tech entrepreneurs
* Open, collaborative environment
* Opportunity to work with what our Fortune 100 customers say is the best,
most-scalable natural language platform in existence

We are looking for a highly motivated individual interested in leading our
search quality initiative. You will work with product managers, linguists,
and developers to define search quality goals, then lead the effort to meet
them. The ideal candidate has experience in addressing issues of quality
benchmarking for text analytics and applications. Must be detail oriented,
yet able to distill the data to focus on the overall goal. The candidate
should be able to develop tools for processing benchmarking data and have
the ability to manage annotators.

Qualifications:
* 4+ years of search quality experience
* Programming or scripting experience
* Management experience a plus
* Statistics background a plus
* High degree of integrity and drive
* MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience

Authorization to work in the US and relocation are required. Applicants and
Employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental
disability or any other legally protected status.

To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to the email address
below with the subject of 'Search Quality Engineer'. US work authorization
required.

Email Address for Applications: team at netbase.com
Contact Information:
	Scott Wolk