21.383, FYI: Public Release: Haitian Creole Lang Data, Carnegie Mellon

Sat Jan 23 03:34:04 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-383. Fri Jan 22 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.383, FYI: Public Release: Haitian Creole Lang Data, Carnegie Mellon

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Danielle St. Jean <danielle at linguistlist.org>

Date: 22-Jan-2010
From: Jeff Allen < jeff.allen at free.fr >

Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:30:51
From: Jeff Allen [jeff.allen at free.fr]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-383.html&submissionid=2607474&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Public Release of Haitian Creole Language Data by Carnegie Mellon

The Language Technologies Institute (LTI) of Carnegie Mellon
University's School of Computer Science (CMU SCS) is making publicly
available the Haitian Creole spoken and text data that we have
collected or produced. We are providing this data with minimal
restrictions (see license) in order to allow others to develop language
technology for Haiti, in parallel with our own efforts to help with this
crisis. Since organizing the data in a useful fashion is not
instantaneous, and more text data is currently being produced by
collaborators, we will be publishing the data incrementally on the web,
as it becomes available.

http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/haitian/

Regards,

Jeff Allen
Advisory Board, LINGUIST-List
Assisting CMU to release this data that our team created 12 years ago,
and to create additional data and translation systems for Haiti.

Linguistic Field(s): Language Documentation
                     Text/Corpus Linguistics
                     Translation