21.401, Jobs: English, Lexicography; Consultant, Toshiba Research

Mon Jan 25 17:30:04 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-401. Mon Jan 25 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.401, Jobs: English, Lexicography; Consultant, Toshiba Research

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 25-Jan-2010
From: Art Blokland < ablokland at crl.toshiba.co.uk >
Subject: English & Lexicography, Speech Technology: Consultant, Toshiba Research, United Kingdom, Cambridge

Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 12:28:17
From: Art Blokland [ablokland at crl.toshiba.co.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-401.html&submissionid=2607776&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Toshiba Research
Department: Speech Technology Group
Job Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Lexicography; Speech Technology

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Toshiba Research in Cambridge, England are looking for an experienced
lexicographer to help maintain their electronic lexicons. This is a
part-time position for two months, starting as soon as possible. The person
will be based in our offices in Cambridge.

Our lexicons are used for both automatic speech recognition (ASR) and text
to speech (TTS). We have lexicons in several European languages including
varieties of English, varieties of French, varieties of Spanish, and
German. The work consists of combining lexicons from different sources,
checking existing pronunciations, and adding new words. We have extensive
linux-based tools to help accomplish these
tasks.

The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of phonetic and
phonological processes in US English, and also in one or more of our other
languages. Priority will be given to knowledge of Canadian French and US
Spanish. Experience in working under unix/linux is essential. Candidates
must have the right to work in the European Union.

Toshiba Research is based in the Science Park in Cambridge, England, in
pleasant surroundings. We have close links with the University of
Cambridge, and enjoy a stimulating intellectual environment.

We offer a salary of £16/hour. Please submit your resume/CV to Dr Art
Blokland at the email address below.

Application Deadline: 15-Feb-2010

Email Address for Applications: ablokland at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Contact Information: