21.423, Jobs: Language Sciences: Post Doc, University of Rochester

Tue Jan 26 18:03:40 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-423. Tue Jan 26 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.423, Jobs: Language Sciences: Post Doc, University of Rochester

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 26-Jan-2010
From: Jeff Runner < runner at ling.rochester.edu >
Subject: Language Sciences: Post Doc, University of Rochester, New York, USA

Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:01:08
From: Jeff Runner [runner at ling.rochester.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-423.html&submissionid=2607956&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Rochester
Department: Center for Language Sciences
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://www.bcs.rochester.edu/cls/

Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Language Sciences

The Center for Language Sciences at the University of Rochester seeks one
or more outstanding postdoctoral fellows for a NIH-funded training grant.
The Center brings together faculty and students with interests in spoken
and signed languages from the Departments of Brain and Cognitive Sciences,
Computer Science, Linguistics, and Philosophy, as well as the
interdepartmental program in Neuroscience. We encourage applicants from any
of these or related disciplines who have expertise in any area of natural
language. The training faculty has combined expertise in formal,
behavioral, computational and imaging (fMRI, ultrasound) approaches to
understanding the structure, processing, production and acquisition of
natural language, and we encourage applicants who work in any of these
areas. We are particularly interested in postdoctoral fellows who want to
contribute to an interdisciplinary community.

NIH fellowships are open only to US citizens or permanent residents.
Applicants should send email applications including a letter describing
their graduate training and research interests, a curriculum vitae, and
should arrange to have three letters of recommendation sent to Jeffrey T.
Runner, Director for the Center for Language Sciences at the application
email below.

Review of applications will begin on February 25 and continue until the
positions are filled.  Applicants should indicate whether they will have
defended their Ph.D. thesis by June 15, 2010 (preferred). The start date is
flexible.

Application Deadline: 25-Feb-2010

Email Address for Applications: runner at ling.rochester.edu
Contact Information: