21.2943, Jobs: English Historical Linguistics: Professor, University of Zurich

Fri Jul 16 14:50:18 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-2943. Fri Jul 16 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.2943, Jobs: English Historical Linguistics: Professor, University of Zurich

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 16-Jul-2010
From: Daniel Schreier < schreier at es.uzh.ch >
Subject: English Historical Linguistics: Professor, University of Zurich, Switzerland

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 10:48:54
From: Daniel Schreier [schreier at es.uzh.ch]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-2943.html&submissionid=2641414&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Zurich
Department: Department of English
Job Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Web Address: http://www.es.uzh.ch

Job Rank: Professor

Specialty Areas: English Historical Linguistics

The Faculty of Arts of the University of Zurich invites applications for a
Professorship in English Language
to be filled by 1 February 2011 or later.

Applicants should have demonstrated competence in diachronic English
linguistics and the history of the English language (in particular Old
and/or Middle English); candidates are also expected to be able to teach
Medieval English literature. Substantial publications beyond the doctoral
thesis are a prerequisite. Courses are taught in English but a functional
knowledge of German is required.

Applications with CV, a list of publications (without the publications
themselves), a list of courses offered in the past, and a list of research
projects should be sent to the address below by August 30, 2010. The new
address as of August 16, 2010 is Rämistr. 69, CH-8001 Zürich.

Application Deadline: 30-Aug-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dekanat der Philosophischen Fakultät
	Universität Zürich
	Rämistr. 71
	(from August 16 2010: Rämistr. 69, CH-8001 Zürich)
	Zürich CH-8006
	Switzerland
Contact Information:
	Ursula Otto