21.2975, Jobs: Lang Contact; Lang Variation; Lang Acq: Post Doc, U of Hamburg

Mon Jul 19 13:45:51 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-2975. Mon Jul 19 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.2975, Jobs: Lang Contact; Lang Variation; Lang Acq: Post Doc, U of Hamburg

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 19-Jul-2010
From: Peter Siemund < peter.siemund at uni-hamburg.de >
Subject: Language Contact; Language Variation; Language Acquisition: Post Doc, University of Hamburg, Germany

Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:41:33
From: Peter Siemund [peter.siemund at uni-hamburg.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-2975.html&submissionid=2641675&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Hamburg
Department: Cluster of Excellence LiMA (federal level)
Job Location: Hamburg, Germany
Web Address: http://www.lima.uni-hamburg.de

Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Language Contact; Language Variation

The LiMA Cluster of Excellence (federal level) is seeking to appoint a
full-time postdoctoral position starting 1 September. The position expires
at the end of 2010, but may be extended until the end of 2012 (given the
availability of funding).

Responsibilities: The successful applicant will carry out research in the
areas mentioned above and help devise and copyedit new funding proposals.

Expected qualifications: Ph.D. in language contact, variation, and/or
acquisition with a focus on multilingualism. Excellent command of English
required. We welcome additional language expertise. Additional skills:
familiarity with empirical research, experience with writing funding
applications.

Applicants must submit a letter of interest, current CV, and two letters of
recommendation to the address below. Review of complete applications will
begin immediately, and? will continue until the position is filled.

Application Deadline: 15-Aug-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Prof. Dr. Peter Siemund
	LiMA - Linguistic Diversity Management in Urban Areas
	University of Hamburg
	Mittelweg 177
	Hamburg 20148
	Germany