21.2472, Jobs: Lang Development/Impairment: Lecturer/Sr Lecturer, U of Reading

Fri Jun 4 20:17:45 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-2472. Fri Jun 04 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.2472, Jobs: Lang Development/Impairment: Lecturer/Sr Lecturer, U of Reading

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 04-Jun-2010
From: Theo Marinis < t.marinis at reading.ac.uk >
Subject: Language Development/Language Impairment: Lecturer/Assistant Professor or Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor, University of Reading, United Kingdom

Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 16:15:06
From: Theo Marinis [t.marinis at reading.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-2472.html&submissionid=2636934&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Reading
Department: Department of Clinical Language Sciences
Job Location: Reading, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.reading.ac.uk/cls/

Job Rank: Lecturer/Assistant Professor or Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor

Specialty Areas: Language Development/Language Impairment

This appointment is full-time, permanent and starts 1 October or as soon as
possible after this date

Grade 7 - £33,600 to £45,155 p.a. or Grade 8 - £46,510 to £52,347 per annum.

We wish to appoint a member of staff to join our dynamic, research active,
and highly regarded team of academic and clinical staff. The appointment
will be at the lecturer or senior lecturer level (applicants should
indicate the level at which they are applying).

You will be committed to high quality, innovative academic teaching at
undergraduate and postgraduate levels. You will have research experience in
typical or atypical speech or/and language or a closely related area.

You will have:
-  a PhD in Language Pathology, Linguistics, Psychology or related area.
-  high quality research experience and ability to develop a strong
research profile (lecturer), evidence of attracting research funding (for
appointment at senior level).
-  experience, commitment and enthusiasm for the field of language
development and impairment, some knowledge of the field of speech and
language therapy.
-  a significant number of publications in high quality journals (for
appointment at senior level), evidence of growing publications (for
appointment at lecturer level).
-  experience of teaching at UG and TPG level and (for appointment at
senior level) experience of doctoral supervision.
-  the ability to work collegially and across disciplines.
-  an SLT qualification would be welcome but is not essential.

The Department of Clinical Language Sciences has a wide range of research
interests within the field of speech and language development and disorders
across the lifespan. Recent research has focused on characterising
development and disorders in adults and children, developing assessments
and designing clinical interventions. According to the Research Assessment
Exercise (RAE) published in December 2008, the quality of 85% of our
research activity was considered to be internationally recognised with 10%
of this being assessed as 'world-leading'.

Our Department is housed in a purpose-designed building with excellent
research facilities. These include laboratories, a purpose built high
quality speech booth and a brand new suite of clinical rooms with excellent
observation facilities and audio-visual recording equipment. We are
affiliated with the Centre for Integrative Neuroscience & Neurodynamics
(CINN), which undertakes interdisciplinary research into the psychological
and physiological mechanisms underpinning complex cognitive behaviours,
targeting typical and atypical development and decline.

This post is in addition to the one advertised in March 2010.

Additional information (job description, person specification for
lecturer/senior lecturer level) can be found at the University web-site -
see link below.

Informal enquiries: contact the Director of Research in Clinical Language
Sciences, Dr. Theodoros Marinis on +44(0)118 378 7465 or email
t.marinis at reading.ac.uk

Alternatively, contact the Head of Department, Professor Susan Edwards on
+44(0)118 378 8142 or email s.i.edwards at reading.ac.uk

To formally apply please visit the application URL below or contact Human
Resources, University of Reading, Whiteknights, PO Box 217, Reading RG6
6AH. Telephone +44(0)118 378 6771 (voicemail)

Please quote reference number: SL10008

We value a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all sections of
the community.

Application Deadline: 12-Jul-2010

Web Address for Applications: http://www.reading.ac.uk/about/jobs/
Contact Information: