21.2485, Jobs: Haitian Creole French; Applied Ling: Visiting Professor, Tulane U

Sun Jun 6 04:56:50 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-2485. Sun Jun 06 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.2485, Jobs: Haitian Creole French; Applied Ling: Visiting Professor, Tulane U

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 04-Jun-2010
From: Tom Klingler < klingler at tulane.edu >
Subject: Haitian Creole French; Applied Linguistics: Visiting Professor, Tulane University, LA, USA

Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 00:53:26
From: Tom Klingler [klingler at tulane.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-2485.html&submissionid=2636959&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Tulane University
Department: Stone Center for Latin American Studies
Job Location: Louisiana, USA
Web Address: http://stonecenter.tulane.edu/

Job Rank: Visiting Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Haitian Creole

Required Language(s): Haitian Creole French (hat)

Tulane University's Stone Center for Latin American Studies seeks a
Visiting Assistant Professor to teach courses in Haitian language and
culture. One year, non-tenure-track position, with possibility of renewal
for a second year. The teaching load is three courses per semester,
including all courses in our four-semester sequence of Haitian Creole (two
courses each semester) and one course per semester in a related field, such
as Haitian or Caribbean (Francophone, Hispanophone, or Anglophone)
literature, history, society, or culture. Requirements: PhD in linguistics,
literature, or related field in hand by July 1, 2010; native or near-native
ability in Haitian Creole; experience teaching a foreign language
(preferably Haitian Creole).

Send dossier including cover letter, curriculum vitae and three letters of
recommendation to the address below. The search committee will commence its
initial screening of applications on June 1. However, the advertising and
search process will remain active until the position is filled. Position
starts August 15, 2010 pending budgetary authorization.

Tulane University is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action
employer committed to excellence through diversity. All eligible candidates
are invited to apply for position vacancies as appropriate.

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Valerie Marshall
	Stone Center for Latin American Studies
	Tulane University
	Attn: Haitian Visiting Position, 100 Jones Hall
	New Orleans, LA 70118
	USA
Contact Information:
	Valerie Marshall