21.2595, Jobs: Applied Linguistics/ TESOL: Visiting Lecturer, Indiana University

Mon Jun 14 22:57:36 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-2595. Mon Jun 14 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.2595, Jobs: Applied Linguistics/ TESOL: Visiting Lecturer, Indiana University

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 14-Jun-2010
From: Brandie Roberts < blr at indiana.edu >
Subject: Applied Linguistics/ TESOL: Visiting Lecturer, Indiana University, USA

Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 18:56:37
From: Brandie Roberts [blr at indiana.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-2595.html&submissionid=2638180&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Indiana University
Department: Second Language Studies
Job Location: Indiana, USA
Web Address: http://www.indiana.edu/~dsls/

Job Rank: Visiting Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Visiting Lecturer in ESL (English as a Second Language) in the Department
of Second Language Studies, English Language Improvement Program at Indiana
University. 10-month appointment. Begins August, 2010. MA in TESOL, Applied
Linguistics, or related field; PhD preferred. Must have two years
experience teaching in university ESL/EFL programs for matriculated
students. Candidates will teach three undergraduate ESL courses in academic
oralcy or literacy development in each of four half-semester sessions and
participate in pre-semester placement testing. We will fill up to four
positions. Applications should include a cover letter with a statement of
teaching philosophy, CV, and demonstration of effective teaching of
university-level courses (innovative materials, teaching portfolio, or
online access to course sites). Please provide two letters of
recommendation. Send applications by mail to Professor Kathleen
Bardovi-Harlig at the address below. Email applications may be sent to
Professor Bardovi-Harlig c/o Brandie Roberts (blr at indiana.edu). Screening
will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled. Indiana
University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.

Application Deadline:
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Professor Kathleen Bardovi-Harlig
	Dept. of Second Language Studies