21.990, Jobs: German & Syntax: Assistant Prof, Humboldt-universit ät Zu Berlin

Mon Mar 1 00:50:01 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-990. Sun Feb 28 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.990, Jobs: German & Syntax: Assistant Prof, Humboldt-universität Zu Berlin

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 26-Feb-2010
From: Manfred Krifka < krifka at rz.hu-berlin.de >
Subject: German & Syntax: Assistant Professor, Humboldt-universität Zu Berlin, Germany

Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 19:46:04
From: Manfred Krifka [krifka at rz.hu-berlin.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-990.html&submissionid=2613254&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Department: Institut für deutsche Sprache und Linguistik
Job Location: Berlin, Germany
Web Address: http://www.linguistik.hu-berlin.de/institut?set_language=en

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Syntax

Required Language(s): German, Standard (deu)

Assistant professor (Juniorprofessur) for General Linguistics and German:
Syntax at the Institut für deutsche Sprache, Humboldt-Universität zu
Berlin. We expect candidates that work on syntax and its interfaces with
semantics, pragmatics or phonology and that have worked on German and
preferably on languages outside of the Germanic, Romance or Slavic.
Teaching in German is required; it is within the BA program Germanistische
Linguistik and the Master program Linguistik of Humboldt University. We
expect that the junior professor will take part in research activities like
the SFB 632 on Information Structure
(http://www.sfb632.uni-potsdam.de/index_en.html) and at the ZAS
(http://www.zas.gwz-berlin.de/index.html.de). There is an evaluation after
3 years, and a tenure option after 6 years is likely.

Applications should contain a CV and a research statement, together with a
proof of the doctoral exam (no orginals, as we do not send back these
materials). The dissertation should have been defended within the last five
years. It his helpful to provide a link to up to five recent publications,
including your dissertation (please do not include the publications in your
application). Please refer to JP/003/10. For further details see
http://www.personalabteilung.hu-berlin.de/stellenausschreibungen/.

Application Deadline: 26-Mar-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Professor Michael Kämper-van den Boogaart
	Philosophische Fakultät II
	Unter den Linden 6
	Berlin 10099
	Germany