21.1080, My: Experience Has Been Far from Disappointing!

Fri Mar 5 20:12:40 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-1080. Fri Mar 05 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.1080, My: Experience Has Been Far from Disappointing!

	Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
	Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
	Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Maria Moreno-Rollins <maria at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.cfm

1)
Date: 05-Mar-2010
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: I Count Myself Lucky to Experience this Type of Education
2)
Date: 05-Mar-2010
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Your Donation Enables Us to Keep All These Resources Up and Running

Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 14:58:33
From:  linguist [linguist at linguistlist.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-1080.html&submissionid=2615097&topicid=121&msgnumber=1

Dear Subscribers,

I came to The LINGUIST List in 2006, eager to begin graduate
studies and gain experience working in linguistics. My experience
has been far from disappointing! LINGUIST has supported my studies
throughout my time in the graduate program at Eastern Michigan
University and continues to provide professional experience that
cannot be matched elsewhere. Our office receives the latest updates
in the field, and the daily interaction with the students and
faculty in the office has made me feel at home in the program.

I edit book announcements and correspond with publishers to make
sure that LINGUIST announces the latest materials relevant to the
field. I've always enjoyed reading the summaries of these publications,
especially those which pertain to my favorite topics. LINGUIST has
also expanded my knowledge to include valuable skills in writing HTML,
editing text, and working with language maps.  I count myself lucky
to experience this type of education. I know that LINGUIST serves an
important role in the discipline, and it also benefits the student
staff that keeps it running. Please donate to help keep LINGUIST
operational:

Best regards,

Hannah Morales