21.1117, I'll: Have a Plan for You by Friday

Mon Mar 8 14:15:31 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-1117. Sun Mar 07 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.1117, I'll: Have a Plan for You by Friday

	Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
	Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
	Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Maria Moreno-Rollins <maria at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.cfm

Date: 07-Mar-2010
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Work at LINGUIST is Always About What You Have the Capacity to Learn

Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 22:05:44
From:  linguist [linguist at linguistlist.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=3D21-1117.=
html&submissionid=3D2615515&topicid=3D121&msgnumber=3D1

Hi!

"You want me to create a way for field linguists to upload
coordinates from their GPS units, and immediately get a map
on our online LL-Map website? I have no idea how to do it,
right now. But I'll have a plan for you by Friday."

Your generous support to The LINGUIST List is not only assuring
the linguistic community of a steady flow of vital information
about new conferences, calls for papers, new jobs, books and
reviews, it is also letting us - the 20 graduate students working
here - be a part of a fast paced and stimulating research environment,
tackling cutting-edge questions in applied computational linguistics.

Please continue your support by donating today:

Working at LINGUIST - whether be it designing a new ten-clicks-
and-it's-ready conference webpage service, making digital maps
of dying languages or creating interoperable search facilities
for lexicons - is never about what you already know, and always
about what you have the capacity to learn. We are taught how to
analyze research problems, how to acquire new skills and tools
on the go, and never be afraid to learn new things.

And that's what LINGUIST List is really teaching us: no matter
what the research problem or technical conundrum is, we know
that we have the skills to solve it. We'll have a plan ready
by Friday.

Please help support The LINGUIST List by donating at

Kind regards,

Susanne Vejdemo
Research Assistant/Editor
The LINGUIST List

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $65,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out our Space Fund
Drive 2010 and join us for a great journey!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2010/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how =
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donation/

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and =
as
such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registere=
501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These
donations can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax r=
eturn
(U.S. tax payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or con=
tact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match
any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your
contacting your human resources department and sending us a form that the
EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple
administrative procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company
operates such a program.