21.1189, Support: English & Morphology: PhD Student, Victoria U. of Wellington, NZ

Wed Mar 10 17:48:16 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-1189. Wed Mar 10 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.1189, Support: English & Morphology: PhD Student, Victoria U. of Wellington, NZ

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 09-Mar-2010
From: Laurie Bauer < laurie.bauer at vuw.ac.nz >
Subject: English & Morphology: PhD Student, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand

Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:47:32
From: Laurie Bauer [laurie.bauer at vuw.ac.nz]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-1189.html&submissionid=2616194&topicid=12&msgnumber=1

Institution/Organization: Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Department: Linguistics and Applied Language Studies
Web Address: http://www.victoria.ac.nz/lals/

Level: PhD

Duties: Research

Specialty Areas: Morphology

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Morphology of Current English

This is a readvertisement for a scholarship first advertised to close on
2010/March/1, externally funded (includes University fees and an annual sum for
living expenses etc.) for work on the topic 'The morphology of current English'.
The support is for 3 years for a PhD. The topic within the title given here is
not specified, but applicants should indicate the kind of area they are
interested in (e.g. verbal inflection, blending, neo-classical compounding,
adjectival derivation....).

For details of application, see the website:
http://www.fis.org.nz/BreakOut/vuw/schols.phtml?detail+500376

You can find the original Support announcement here:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/20/20-3846.html

Application Deadline: 09-Aug-2010

Web Address for Applications: http://www.fis.org.nz/BreakOut/vuw/schols.phtml?detail+500376

Contact Information:
	Prof Laurie Bauer
	laurie.bauer at vuw.ac.nz

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $65,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out our Space Fund
Drive 2010 and join us for a great journey!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2010/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donation/

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as
such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered
501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These
donations can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return
(U.S. tax payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match
any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your
contacting your human resources department and sending us a form that the
EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple
administrative procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company
operates such a program.