21.1460, Jobs: Applied & Comp Ling: Consultant, Lionbridge Testing Services

Thu Mar 25 15:57:54 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-1460. Thu Mar 25 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.1460, Jobs: Applied & Comp Ling: Consultant, Lionbridge Testing Services

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 24-Mar-2010
From: Kati Sarkka < kati.sarkka at lionbridge.com >
Subject: Bulgarian; Hindi; Latvian; Serbian; Slovak; Thai; Croatian; Lithuanian & Applied Linguistics & Computational Linguistics: Consultant, Lionbridge Testing Services

Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 11:55:21
From: Kati Sarkka [kati.sarkka at lionbridge.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-1460.html&submissionid=2620374&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Lionbridge Testing Services
Department: Tampere
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com

Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Documentation; Lexicography; Linguistic Theories; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Required Language(s): Bulgarian (bul)
                      Hindi (hin)
                      Latvian (lav)
                      Lithuanian (lit)
                      Slovak (slk)
                      Thai (tha)
                      Croatian (hrv)
                      Serbian (srp)

Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: LIOX) is a leading provider of
globalization and testing services. Lionbridge combines global resources
with proven program management methodologies to serve as an outsource
partner throughout a client's product and content lifecycle -- from
development to globalization, testing and maintenance. Global organizations
in all industries rely on Lionbridge services to increase international
market share, speed adoption of global products and content, and enhance
their return on enterprise applications and IT system investments.
Headquartered in Waltham, Mass., Lionbridge now maintains more than 50
solution centers in 25 countries and provides services under the Lionbridge
and VeriTest brands. To learn more, visit the website listed above.

Position Description
We are looking for part-time linguists to work from home for following
languages: Bulgarian, Slovak, Serbian, Croatian, Bulgarian, Thai, Latvian,
Lithuanian and Hindi. A suitable candidate must have studies in linguistics
of philology of her/his own native language.

Required Skills/Background:
'Relevant university level studies, for example a Master's degree in
linguistics or philology of your own native language, and/or general
linguistics.
'Native speaker of the following:

-Bulgarian
-Slovak
-Serbian
-Croatian
-Thai
-Latvian
-Lithuanian
-Hindi

'Experience in reviewing/annotating texts
'Experience in corpus/dictionary/terminology work
'Great attention to detail while working efficiently
'Good organizational and analytical skills, ability to work in a logical
and methodical way
'Good communication skills

Contact us at the application email address listed below. Please add to
your CV and application your availability and desired compensation per hour.

Application Deadline: 20-Apr-2010

Email Address for Applications: jobs.tampere at lionbridge.com
Contact Information:
	HR Manager Kati Sarkka
	Email: kati.sarkka at lionbridge.com
	Fax: 35833185133

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $65,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out our Space Fund
Drive 2010 and join us for a great journey!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2010/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donation/

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as
such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered
501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These
donations can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return
(U.S. tax payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match
any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your
contacting your human resources department and sending us a form that the
EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple
administrative procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company
operates such a program.